This William Shakespeare resources page pulls together a selection of original research and articles by No Sweat Shakespeare – from information about the man himself, to modern English translations of his famous Sonnets. Stay a while and explore….
William Shakespeare’s Life:
- Who was William Shakespeare?
- William Shakespeare Timeline – When did Shakespeare do what?
- Shakespeare Biography – A complete biography of Shakespeare
- William Shakespeare’s Early Childhood – Description of his formative years
- William Shakespeare’s School Years – Information on the lesser known parts of Shakespeare’s early life
- Anne Hathaway, Shakespeare’s Wife – A short biography of Anne Hathaway, Shakespeare’s wife
- Shakespeare’s Family – How big was Shakespeare’s family?
- Shakespeare Dictionary – Read translations of Shakespeare’s words
- William Shakespeare Pictures & Portraits – Ever wondered what Shakespeare really looked like?
- How did Shakespeare die? And where is Shakespeare’s grave?
William Shakespeare’s Works:
- Shakespeare Plays
- Shakespeare’s Five Act Structure
- Shakespeare Play Summaries
- Shakespeare Play Types
- Shakespeare’s Comedies
- Shakespeare Histories
- Shakespeare’s Tragedies
- Shakespeare’s Problem Plays
- Shakespeare’s Roman Plays
- Shakespeare’s Romance Plays
- Shakespeare’s Tragicomedy Plays
- Shakespeare’s Masque Plays
- Shakespeare’s Characters
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets
- Shakespeare Quotes
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare – The First Folio
- Shakespeare Movies – Shakespeare film adaptions
- Shakespeare Conspiracy Theory – Did Shakespeare write the works attributed to him?
- Shakespeare Translator
Quotes From William Shakespeare:
- Shakespeare Quotes – Read quotes form various Shakespeare plays
- Famous Shakespeare Quotes – Read Shakespeare’s most famous 50 quotes
- Shakespeare’s Words – Words that Shakespeare invented and brought into common English usage
- Shakespeare’s Phrases – Phrases that Shakespeare invented and brought into common English usage
- Shakespeare Insults – Some classic Shakespearean insults!
- Shakespeare In Love Quotes – Quotes on love from the master
- Shakespeare Quotes On Drink & Shakespeare Quotes On Food – As you’ll see, food and drink played an important part in many Shakespeare plays
- The meaning of ‘dudgeon’ in Macbeth’s dagger speech
- Shakespeare Monologues
- Hamlet Soliloquies
- Macbeth Soliloquies
- Romeo and Juliet Soliloquies
Articles On Shakespeare:
- William Shakespeare – The Bard of Avon – What is a “Bard”?
- William Shakespeare Facts – Interesting Shakespeare facts you may not have known on the great man
- The Lord Chamberlain’s Men – Shakespeare’s theatre troup
- Historic Stratford Upon Avon – Details and pictures on the Stratford that Shakespeare lived and knew
- The Seven Ages Of Man – Read about Shakespeare’s take on the development of man
- Shakespeare’s Will in Context – Read Shakespeare’s will with an anlaysis
- Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre – Information on the home of Shakespeare’s plays
- Facts on The Globe Theatre – 17 interesting facts on The Globe Theatre
- Entertainment at the Globe Theatre – Rad about what went on at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre
- Quotes about Shakespeare – Great authors through the ages have all had their opinions on Shakespeare
- Shakespeare’s Contemporaries – Who they were and some background on each of them
- Old English – What exactly is Old English, and what does it have to do with Shakespeare?
- Early Modern English – Read how Shakespeare helped develop the English language as we know it
- Shakespeare Festivals – There are thousands of Shakespeare Festivals held annually. Here’s a list of the top ones globally.
What is Shakespeare famous for?
Shakespeare had a very successful career as a writer and businessman working in the London theatre industry during the last decade of the sixteenth century and the first decade of the seventeenth century. Why Shakespeare remains famous after all this time, however, is that he wrote plays that are even more popular today than they were during his lifetime. The 37 plus plays that Shakespeare wrote or participated with others in writing are performed all around the world and the performances are attended by millions of people annually.
Is Shakespeare a pen name?
‘Shakespeare’ is not a pen name. William Shakespeare was the son of John and Mary Shakespeare. They were descendants of an ancient Warwickshire family. John Shakespeare was a glove maker and served the market town of Stratford-upon-Avon as an alderman for several years.
What is the significance of “Othello at Caesar’s bier?
Please i want the resources as MLA